Just me

Friday, October 13, 2006

Birthday Present

My birthday present : )

It's an Oakley, Whisker model. With polarized lenses :

Love it ! Took me 2 whole days of shopping to choose this one. It's not easy shopping for sunglasses in Malaysia. The brands and models are limited in each shop.
Like for Oakley brand, only a few shops such as Focus Point and Paris Miki sold this brand.
Then, one shop might have this model, but in different colors, and if another shop had the model and color that you want, it might not come with polarized lenses. Choices are so few....*sigh*

I was quite torn between practicality and style. On one hand, I want something practical. Polarized lenses is quite important especially because I'll be using it for driving. And hardiness of the sunglasses is also important for someone like me whose stuff get abused daily - "oops, I sat on my sunglasses".....

On another hand, there's the style factor. Think Prada, Gucci, Dior, Armani......and I love those Aviator styles. But when it comes to these brands....most of them are not practical, flimsy and very limited models with polarized lenses.

So in the end, practicality wins. I got the Oakley. But I'm not giving up on style....I plan to get myself another 'cipalak' Aviator sunglasses.....just for kicks.




8 Comments:

  • paupau, now u can go fishing...with those polarized lenses...and what's more, snorkeling is not neccessary anymore! one eye can look down the ocean...lol...
    was searching for one too the other day...one interesting fact i found out from polarized lenses...try to rotate the lense on top of ur mobile phone...at certain angles it's total darkness...hiaks~~*

    By Blogger Chris, at 9:47 AM, October 17, 2006  

  • Chris, try wearing one and go pump petrol, I kena many times. This is what happened: Pull up along side a petrol pump, look at the LCD display, CRAB...this pump not working, the display not showing anything! But when you rotate your head a bit...ohhh...it's there...hahaha...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 AM, October 17, 2006  

  • LOL...hahahahhaha...this is funny...luckily we know something about these lenses...siumai, your oakley is of different model than this Whisker? Cool man...

    By Blogger Chris, at 11:01 AM, October 17, 2006  

  • ya...siumai's one is Square Wire.
    Polarized is tricky huh.. :)

    By Blogger paupau, at 11:56 AM, October 17, 2006  

  • Ohhh my God...forgot to wish you Happy Belated Birthday...ai seh man...kekekkekekke pai seh pai seh...

    By Blogger Chris, at 5:24 PM, October 17, 2006  

  • no problem la...
    Thanks! :)

    By Blogger paupau, at 10:38 AM, October 18, 2006  

  • Happy belated birthday!!!
    Love the oakleys!! expensive no?!

    By Blogger Fashionasia, at 4:39 PM, October 19, 2006  

  • Fashionasia : Thank you! This Oakley cost RM750.

    By Blogger paupau, at 6:08 PM, October 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home