Just me

Monday, April 10, 2006

Sick and (almost) faint

I'm sick already :( , but no worries.....won't die one. Just normal common cold. Running nose and cough.

Started last Thursday...sneezing and wheezing away in the office. I forgot how uncomfortable a cold can be, and really irritating too. My hands are too busy wrapping up 'wantans'. Eyes are blurry and head feels heavy. My paper bin is filled with wrapped-up 'wantans'.

Anyway, by Saturday I was feeling worse. But still I thought, it's just a common cold, shouldn't stop me from doing anything that I want to do right ? I wanted to go do some groceries shopping in Tecso. Had my breakfast and off I went.

Reached Tesco, was browsing around for like 15 minutes.....then...cialat....felt nauseous, want to vomit, want to faint, vision became blur. Quickly, I wobbly walked to a less crowded place and sat down to rest. I started to perspire cold sweat on the forehead and face. After resting for around 5 minutes.....was feeling ok again. Phew. Then I thought....."should I continue shopping?"...."hmm...better not, better be safe". So, I abandoned my trolley, and headed out. Stopped by to buy newspaper and in Kings to buy a loaf of bread.

After paying money in Kings, I feel like fainting again ! This time worse.....so quickly again I seeked refuge in nearby KFC which was just opposite King's. There, I rested for a long time but still didn't feel better. This time cold sweat all over, everywhere ! I was thinking I need to call for SOS already. But fiancee is not free, and Tecso is so damn near to my apartment....it's just ironic to have someone to come all the way here to fetch me home. So, after some resting I just picked myself up and walked to my car. I thought if I can make it to my car, I'm ok......

So, I walked walked walked, one step at a time.....boy did I regret not being kiasu and find a nearer parking space. But at least this time I didn't forget where I parked my car. walked walked walked.....and reached my car !.....just as I managed to get into my car and locked the door....*uuuwekkkkkk**....I vomit.........Luckily hor......when I bought the bread from King's they gave me a plastic bag......so................ (and yes, I managed to take out the bread first). After vomitting, *phew* feel so much better. So I continued my shopping in Tesco.....of course not la ! Not scared meh. I went straight home.

Back home, threw everything onto the table, grab a drink and jumped under the sheets....zzzzzzzzzz.......

Later that day, fiancee brought me to 1U for dinner. I was ok wor. Can walk from old wing to new wing and back to old wing though it did feel tiring. I suspect the fainting spells I had was because of low blood pressure. But I'm not sure. Does low blood pressure cause people to vomit ? I suspect I have low blood pressure because everytime I squat down for sometime, and when I get up, I can see 'stars'. Anyone had the same experience ?

3 Comments:

  • maybe anaemic (dunno spelling) - i.e. lack of iron? check with doc lah!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:05 PM, April 12, 2006  

  • oh...fiance said the same thing too....ok ok thanks.

    By Blogger paupau, at 3:23 PM, April 12, 2006  

  • Highly likely that low BP is to blame. I have low BP and suffer from a lot of the symptoms you describe, postural hypotension (getting up too fast and dropping BP) certainly can cause a short spell of seeing stars, or feeling dizzy. When I feel dizzy I generally feel nauseous as well but don't always vomit.

    oh and btw, I too have emptied my shopping bag so that I could vomit in it :)

    By Anonymous edaj84, at 6:05 PM, November 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home