Just me

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Marble

Talking about old stuffs that I've kept for years (refer to previous post), I suddenly remember this little marble ball that I had since 7,8,9 (pick one) years old. I think I've lost it. :(
This is what I meant when I mentioned that I'm not good at taking care of my stuffs.

This marble is white in color, with stripes of black and red. It's around the size of an average fish ball. Why this marble means a lot to me is because my bro bought it for me. Well, actually he is too young to have any money to buy it for me, but he did choose it out and had my mom buy it for me.

When we were young, almost every weekend, my mom will bring us to my grandma's place. My grandma's place is really a kampung(village) place where kids just roam freely and ppl rear chickens in their backyards. We play all these kampung games like gasing (tops), marbles, masak-masak (cooking game), catch fishes in nearby river...ahhh....those were the days. Anyway, near my grandma's place there's this bakery that we call "roti tim" (Bread shop). Mom will always get freshly baked bread from roti tim for our breakfast the following week. Everytime mom goes to roti tim, me and my bro would always follow. Why ? ...because besides bread, this shops also sells lots of candies, chocolates, toys and all other stuff. And me and my bro will get to buy treats :)

There was one weekend, I was sick. I had diarrhea. I wasn't able to follow my mom and bro to roti tim. So both of them went, but I didn't feel sad or anything. Then when they came back, bro held this marble to me and said he bought it for me. Isnt' that sweet ? :). Actually, I didn't play any marbles though that's the 'in' game during that time. My bro was playing like mad with his bunch of friends. So, I guess he picked out the marble cause to him marble is cool. But I was so touch that my bro thought of me and bought me something from roti tim. So, I held on to the marble....

I still had the marble till few years ago. Now, I don't remember. I don't remember where I had put it. Maybe it's back at my mom's in hometown. Maybe it's inside some of the boxes that I still have yet to clear since I've moved (I'm hoping this is the case), or worse, I might have lost it during one of my moving frenzies......*sigh*.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home