Just me

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Old Stuffs

I was going through some stuff on my dressing table last night. There are some stuff that I've had for years....some more that 10 years. I seldom use or wear most of these stuff anymore. Mainly, there's no right occasion or I have nothing else that goes with those stuff.
I'm actually is a bit suprised that I've managed to keep these stuff for so many years, because I've been moving quite a lot since attending university and I'm always quite clumsy with my stuffs. I always end up misplacing them or breaking them.
I'm grateful that I still have these 'treasures' with me, and will still keep them for many years on.

These pearl necklaces are all from my mom, they are beautiful and very elegant. She gave me these along with the other necklaces (below) when I was around 13-14 years old (I think). So, counting the years, I've kept them for more than 10 years ! I now put these necklaces on a box on my dressing table for easy access, maybe this way, I'll wear them more often


This is a little gold bracelet that I use to wear when I'm 5,6,7,8 (around there la) years old. I don't know who gave this to me, my parents ? grandma? relatives?...There use to be a little bell (ding dong) on this bracelet, but me being a 'rough' child, bell got dented at first, then in the end the bell fell off (see, even when young, I'm already breaking my stuffs). Of course, I no longer wear this anymore.....it's so teeny tiny.....can't even wrapped it around my wrist.


These 2 earrings, I also don't wear them anymore. The apple shaped earrings (top) is a present from my ex for my birthday. I still keep it cause...it's jewelry...who throws away jewelries ! Anyway, it was a gift and I always think that it's rude and ungrateful to throw away people's gift to you.

Meanwhile, the heart shaped earrings (below) is, I think my first earrings. My mom bought it for me when I had my ears pierced. I had my ears pierced when I was very young, less than 10 years old. I actually requested for it, so fatt hou (vain) huh. I still remember picking up the earrings myself, being a little girl, I liked everything with heart shapes. I also remember that the jewelry shop used a 'gun' to make the piercing......first 'shot'.....cry like hell already. But what to do, already taken 1 'shot', have to finish up with another 'shot' ler. After that, cry all the way home !


This is the rest of the necklaces that my mom gave to me. They are really versatile, you could wear them in multistrands or indivudually or even twist them around the wrist and wear it as bracelets. Talking about these necklaces make me miss my mom ! I wanna go back hometown !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home